Edh Decks : Oona, Queen of the Fae
One of my favorite decks to play, and one that is very powerful. This has the ability to steal games out of nowhere, or to control them from the beginning. However i do believe that the best strategy to play this deck is to wait in the shadow with as minimum interaction and win out of nowhere. This deck is build as such, as to increase the resources and only use counter to protect self, or the combo.
This deck has a few winning combos :
1. Infinite Mana + Oona is the best combo.
2. Leyline of the void and helm of obedience. When Helm is activated, target player puts the top card of his library in the graveyard. You will repeat this process until you get a creature in the graveyard, or X cards (X used to pay for ability). At this moment Helm will be sacrificed. With Leyline out, neither of the 2 conditions could be fulfilled, and the repeat will go on until all of that player’s graveyard is removed. Helm would not be sacrificed and if you have un untap effect for it (Tezzeret the seeker) you can do it again.
To achieve infinite mana, or more correct : an arbitrary large amount of mana, this deck has several ways. Earlier versions of this deck ran more infinite mana producers but i cut them down to get the most reliable ones. (i will the old ones also for reference). The catch is to get Basalt Monolith or Grim Monolith in play end enchant it with Power artifact. This will lower the untap cost to or . That means each time you tap that artifact you can use that mana to untap it and generate or at each iteration. After this you need 3 colored mana to cast Oona, and 1 colored mana for each player that you want to mill (exile). Or use exsanguinate for . The is also a stroke of genius, but i use that to draw into the exsanguinate.
The other combo is a little more complicated and involves one of the above artifacts and rings of brightheart. After you cast these 2 cards, you need 3 mana to get the combo starting. This is : tapping the artifact for mana, then use it’s ability to untap. ( for basalt monolith). With that on stack copy it by paying with Rings. After resolving the copied ability, tap the Basalt Monolith again to get mana, and then resolve the original untap. Tap it again and you have . The combo uses at each iteration ( untap from monolith, from rings) and produces ( from monolith, from monolith). So you get + each time.
Older combos :
- Grave Titan + Ashnod’s Altar + Nim Deathmantle. Get these on the table, than sac a zombie and titan to get , and bring titan back with deathmantle. YOu will end up with an arbitrary large number of zombies. Sac them to altar for mana. I felt 3 pieces are too many for this kind of effect.
- Palinchron + High tide + islands. You need many island in play for this to work. But palinchron will be back, because of Omniscience. Get omniscience in play, play palinchron for free,
untap lands, tap for mana, bounce it and repeat. This is a very good one because it generated colored mana.
There some few other mana combos but i feel this deck needs only a few and cards to look for them or protect the combo. Consistency and quality over quantity.
Apart from Combos this deck uses, as any blue deck…the best countermagic available : Pact of Negation, Force of Will, Counterspell, Mana Drain, Hinder, Spell crumple, Rewind, Cryptic Command, Desertion and Spell Burst. I opted for these only because they are the most powerful ones, and some of them can also have other roles.
The main force of the deck has to be tutoring. I always try to get more card drawing or tutoring in the deck.
Tutors and Card Draw
This is used to find the instant or sorcery you need. Many times you use this to find Stroke, Exsanguinate, or a counter. Sometimes it is used to find damnation.
Vampiric tutor and Demonic Tutor
: This cand find anything, but differ in function. You will keep vampiric until the very last moment to use it, while you use demonic mainly for mana fix, or of you already have that, search for the last part of the combo.
I believe this one of the best cards in this deck. This will cycle out your library if you need anything, or set up your draws. This deck plays a number of fetch lands to help it.
Sensei’s Divining Top
Jace, the Mind sculptor, Jace beleren, Fact or Fiction, Rhystic Study, Phyrexian Arena, Dark Confidant, Consecrated Sphinx. All of these draw cards. You need to draw into combo to win. Draw as many cards as you can.
Other utility spells. :
Rite of Replication can help you out of a difficult situation.
Memory Plunder will reuse one of your opponents spells.
I put here many artifacts because i believe its very important to accelerate fast. The deck features artifacts of mana from cost to . All of these are good, and i had to cut some of them. I would have liked to get more here but they will clog your hand.
Invoke prejudice against creature decks (mostly green ramp) as they will be shred to pieces.
Future sight … because we like Card Advantage.
This is the deck in its actual form :
Other minicombos include : Riptide Laboratory with any wizard: Venser, shaper savant, Glen-Elendra Archmage, Snapcaster mage, Vendilion Clique. Academy Ruins used to be paired with Mindslaver, and that combo might be back someday, but for the moment, it will return Duplicant or destroyed combo pieces.
This deck served me too well, but it needs a change.I am working on a new version that will include the palinchron/omniscience combo as well as more consistency.
- Edh Decks : Azusa, Lost but seeking Synopsys I like Azusa for her shher power of outracing...
- EDH: Grand Arbiter IV I wanted to play with a new kind of control,...
- Edh Decks : Kaalia of the Vast Synopsis Kaalia is one of the most strange type of...
- MTG: A Sealed SOM Report 2011-01-22 (GPT) We gathered at GamesStop for the GPT Sealed event. There...
- Mana Leak and MTG I was browsing some old decklists, when i realised the...
- [Romania] [Le&Le Games] PTQ Born to the Gods Tg. Mures 15.09.2013
- Romanian WMCQ #2 – Decklists
- Romania World Magic Cup Qualifiers 2013
- [Romania] [GamesStop] PTQ Dragonmaze Bucharest 23.02.2013
- A judge’s Life : GP Bilbao
- MTG Judge Fun: Layers
- Edh Decks: Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero
- PTQ GateCrash Sofia *HJ Report*
- MTG Tourney at GamesStop on 3-4 November
- MTG Tourney at Le & Le Games