Edh Decks : Azusa, Lost but seeking
I like Azusa for her shher power of outracing other decks. She can ramp up consistently and get the big plays faster.
Because Azusa is a quite fragile commander, she is not guaranteed to stay alive too much. However because her effect can be used immediately, without any intervention from any opponents, gettign her into play very fast is a key here.
In normal games i keep hand with 5+ lands, without Sol Ring or Mana crypt. If you have a 3+ lander and Mana crypt, playing Azusa on the very first turn is insane. That means that next turn you have access at at least 5 mana.
Winning with Azusa is not easy. main win conditions would be Genesis Wave. Power out a big genesis wave, hit Akroma’s Memorial and other creature generators and win by sheer attack and damage :
Kamahl, fist of Krosa would overrun any opponents, Rampaging baloths with several lands will power many beasts, Rude awakening would help you float mana and pump overuns. Also Craterhoof Behemoth will kill anyone that is unprepared.
Mana base is made out of 45 lands, much more than any other commander, just because you need to put lands into play asap. Other cards are Sol Ring and Mana Crypt to try to cheat Azusa faster in play.
You also benefit of the Crucible of Worlds and Life from the loam engines. Some lands have specific roles : LLanowar reborn helps Woodfall primus, Boseiju will make Genesis Wave uncounterable, Gaea’s cradle will get you the mana for the overrun once you have the creatures on.
You have many spells that help you get your lands faster : in hand or on the table. These are also creatures or sorceries/instants. Try to get as much mana as possible.
This deck has some very specific tools, so you need tutors. Worldly tutor/Green Sun’s Zenith/Chord of Calling/Fauna Shaman will get you the Acidic Slime, Viridian Zealot for artifact or enchantment removal, Riftsweeper is any of your cards are exiled, Eternal witness if you need to rebuy any spell, a.o.. These are in different forms and types and will almost get anything. What you cannot get
by tutoring you get by sheer draw. And i mean as much draw as green can get : Greater Good, Harmonize, Momentous Fall, but also by selecting Sylvan Library, Sensei’s Divining Top.
This deck has a few recursion outlets in the form that it can reuse any creature from graveyard with Genesis. Combine it with Eternal Witness and you can bring back any card in your graveyard.
Life from the Loam and Crucible of Worlds for lands, Revive/Restock for other spells.
Removal is limited on green, so decks that rely on general damage as Uril, is a problem for this deck. I tried to fit as much removal i could find and hoep you draw it when needed. Oblivion Stone and All is Dust will mostly clear the board, making room for you next big move. Beast within, Desert Twister, Woodfall Primus are there for dangerous perms.
- Edh Decks : Kaalia of the Vast Synopsis Kaalia is one of the most strange type of...
- EDH Watchlist: Declaration of Naught Discussion Declaration of Naught si currently unbanned. Post pros and cons...
- MTG decks : Mitotic Knights I was tinkering how to break the card. My first...
- MTG: A Sealed SOM Report 2010-11-27 I was keen on writing an article about Sealed Scars...
- GS Championship Report Although late, i found time to write my report of...
- [Romania] [Le&Le Games] PTQ Born to the Gods Tg. Mures 15.09.2013
- Romanian WMCQ #2 – Decklists
- Romania World Magic Cup Qualifiers 2013
- [Romania] [GamesStop] PTQ Dragonmaze Bucharest 23.02.2013
- A judge’s Life : GP Bilbao
- MTG Judge Fun: Layers
- Edh Decks: Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero
- PTQ GateCrash Sofia *HJ Report*
- MTG Tourney at GamesStop on 3-4 November
- MTG Tourney at Le & Le Games