Deck Test : new T2 BWu CTRL
New deck to test during the next week.
For now testing this has proven quite successfull.
2-1 R kuldotha Goblins
2-0 monoR, Big R
2-0 UR Titan force
0-2 UW control
0-1 Titan Valakut
1 Celestial Colonnade
3 Creeping Tar Pit
2 Darkslick Shores
3 Drowned Catacomb
1 Glacial Fortress
4 Marsh Flats
1 Seachrome Coast
1 Tectonic Edge
1 Terramorphic expanse
2 Doom Blade
3 Grasp of Darkness
3 Day of Judgment
1 Jace’s Ingenuity
2 Mimic Vat
1 Sword of Body and Mind
3 Vampire Hexmage
2 Grave Titan
1 Sun Titan
3 Baneslayer Angel
1 Cadaver Imp
3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Elspeth Tirel
2 Liliana Vess
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Celestial Purge
3 Ratchet Bomb
2 Jace Beleren
2 Consume the Meek
Added 1 Terramorphic Expanse (needed an extra fetch for anything)
Removed 1 Nim Deathmantle (although it sounds cool with recursion, as my meta is quite aggro, it is useless)
Tested some more against different MonoRed builds.
Pre sideboard i had a 60-65% win, and post board 70-75%.
Pre board is crucial that stalling with all spot removals (6), mass removal (3). hexmage looks good against koth. A T4 koth, with an attacking mountain grasped, and a next turn hexmage, will almost cripple big red.
Post boatd : +4 Inquisition, +2 Celestiam purge, +2 Smother, +3 ratchet bomb(depends, sometimes is slow).
Out : -2 Lilian vess, -1 sword of body and mind, -2 mimic vat, -1 jace’s ingenuity, -2 Doj.
Added spot removal, and geting high cost out of the deck improves the chances, and damage that red does.
Inquisition hits most of their creatures (not big red) or their removal along with duress, and could be considered as spot removal.
Pre : quite low (30-40%)
Post board (<60%)
In : 4 Inquisition,+2 jace beleren, +3 ratchet bomb (if they use spreading seas, journey, or chalice)
Out : 1 Jace’s ingenuity, 1 condemn, 2 grasp of darkness,2 Elspeth Tirel
Inquisition hits the counters, and other removals. (into the roil, journey). Duress hits counters, jace, Doj.
If you stick a Liliana ,the match is almost won. They must hit it, or lose many cards, or get u the cards : tectonic edge if the have early colonnades, doom blades, for angel and titan, hexmage for gideon/elspeth/jace, jace for jace.
Depends a lot on the draw. Also sometimes if you stick a Mimic Vat, Jsut get the artifact removal from their deck, as mimic will copy titans, angels, hexmages, and it will win the game for you.
- EDH Watchlist: Declaration of Naught Discussion Declaration of Naught si currently unbanned. Post pros and cons...
- EDH Watchlist: Kozilek, Butcher of Truth Kozilek, Butcher of Truth is currently banned. For the purpose...
- Criteria for banning/unbanning cards in EDH Those of us who work to keep EDH coherent and...
- Tweets that mention Deck Test : new T2 BWu CTRL | Killing time……only that is left to kill — Topsy.com
- [Romania] [Le&Le Games] PTQ Born to the Gods Tg. Mures 15.09.2013
- Romanian WMCQ #2 – Decklists
- Romania World Magic Cup Qualifiers 2013
- [Romania] [GamesStop] PTQ Dragonmaze Bucharest 23.02.2013
- A judge’s Life : GP Bilbao
- MTG Judge Fun: Layers
- Edh Decks: Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero
- PTQ GateCrash Sofia *HJ Report*
- MTG Tourney at GamesStop on 3-4 November
- MTG Tourney at Le & Le Games